In these tough times, we all are facing difficulties in building a routine for ourselves. Though, it can be certainly attributed that a morning routine can greatly impact our functionality throughout the day.
Therefore it is very important to make your mornings productive and with the help of this article, you can too!
Before getting started, remember that there is no perfect routine or habit, each person has a different approach, lifestyle, and experiences.
However, here are some crucial things that you can add to your morning routine:
- WAKE UP EARLY- I know you’ve probably heard this one at least a million times but it is because it helps you get a clearer picture of what you want to accomplish in life.
By getting up earlier than the rest of your peers, you can mentally prepare for the coming challenges. It gives you an early start on your goals.
here’s a list of things you can do after waking up:
- freshen up
- take a cold shower.
- make your bed
2. PHONE ON SILENT/AIRPLANE MODE– Sleep with your phone on airplane mode. Don’t waste your time scrolling through social media. Try to resist your phone in the morning.
3. MEDITATE- There are so many benefits of meditation! Starting your mornings with a few minutes of meditation can help you clear your mind and gather your thoughts. This will also have a huge impact on your work or studies if you are a student.
Here’s a mediation guide for beginners:
4. GO FOR A WALK (regardless of the weather)- Going for a 10-20 minutes walk as soon as you wake up can be introspecting. You will feel refreshed and energized after coming back.
5. READ- As we are the most focused in the morning, it is the best time to do some mindful reading.
6. EXERCISE/YOGA- Being physically active helps to reduce the risk of several diseases such as diabetes, cancer, and cardiovascular disease.
7. BREAKFAST- Having a healthy breakfast provides nourishment and sustenance for the first few hours of the day. It will enhance energy levels, increase concentration and improve your overall mood!
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING:
8. PLAN YOUR DAY! Plan how you want your day to look and make it exciting too. One must build a habit of making ‘To-do-lists’ as they provide a sense of purpose every day. You will know what things you need to get done. Crossing off tasks on your list will also give a sense of accomplishment!
9. LISTEN TO GOOD PODCASTS/SONGS- Listening to motivational podcasts or music is a good way to start your mornings.
10. GET STARTED! Grab a smoothie, coffee, or any healthy drink of your choice and get started with your day with a positive attitude. Start by doing things that are critical first. Don’t let anything distract you. Stay focused and cease the day!
Once you start repeating the above things on an everyday basis, you’ll start feeling more productive than ever. Try to stick to the routine and avoid being on social media way too much.
HOPE THIS ARTICLE WILL HELP YOU TO CREATE AN AMAZING MORNING ROUTINE FOR YOURSELF!
HERE’S A MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE FOR YOU FROM THE BOOK ATOMIC HABITS BY JAMES CLEAR-
Also don’t fotget to check these out: