IQ, or Intelligence Quotient, is a measure of a person’s intelligence. It is calculated by dividing a person’s mental age by their chronological age and multiplying the result by 100. The higher the IQ, the greater the level of intelligence.
The list of the top 10 highest IQs in the world is as follows:
1. William James Sidis – IQ 250-300. William James Sidis was an American child prodigy who had an IQ of 250-300. He was a polyglot and could speak over eight languages. He was also a mathematician, linguist, and historian.
2. Terence Tao – IQ 225-230. Terence Tao is an Australian-American mathematician who has an IQ of 225-230. He is a professor of mathematics at the University of California, Los Angeles and is known for his work in harmonic analysis, partial differential equations, additive combinatorics, and analytic number theory.
3. Marilyn vos Savant – IQ 228. Marilyn vos Savant is an American magazine columnist and author who has an IQ of 228. She is best known for her column in Parade magazine, in which she answers readers’ questions on a variety of topics.
4. Christopher Hirata – IQ 225. Christopher Hirata is an American astrophysicist who has an IQ of 225. He is a professor of astrophysics and planetary science at the California Institute of Technology and is known for his work on dark energy and cosmology.
5. Kim Ung-Yong – IQ 210. Kim Ung-Yong is a South Korean civil engineer who has an IQ of 210. He is a professor at Chungbuk National University and is known for his work in civil engineering and environmental engineering.
6. Garry Kasparov – IQ 194. Garry Kasparov is a Russian chess grandmaster who has an IQ of 194. He is the former world chess champion and is known for his work in chess and computer chess.
7. Benjamin Bloom – IQ 180-190. Benjamin Bloom was an American educational psychologist who had an IQ of 180-190. He is best known for his work in the fields of educational psychology and educational technology.
8. Judit Polgar – IQ 170. Judit Polgar is a Hungarian chess grandmaster who has an IQ of 170. She is the strongest female chess player of all time and is known for her work in chess and computer chess.
These are the top 8 people with the highest IQs in the world. They are all remarkable individuals who have achieved great success in their respective fields. It is clear that intelligence is a valuable asset and can be used to achieve great things.