India has a growing number of billionaires and millionaires, with many of them being self-made entrepreneurs. Here’s a look at the top 10 richest people in India and their net worth:
- Mukesh Ambani – The chairman of Reliance Industries is the richest man in India with a net worth of over $95 billion. He is the 5th richest person in the world and his company is one of the largest conglomerates in the country.
- Gautam Adani – The founder and chairman of the Adani Group has a net worth of over $73 billion. His company has interests in sectors like infrastructure, energy, and ports.
- Shiv Nadar – The founder of HCL Technologies, a leading IT services company, has a net worth of over $32 billion. He is also a well-known philanthropist in India.
- Radhakishan Damani – The founder of retail chain DMart has a net worth of over $28 billion. His company is one of the fastest-growing retailers in India.
- Cyrus Poonawalla – The founder of Serum Institute of India, the world’s largest vaccine manufacturer, has a net worth of over $20 billion. His company played a key role in India’s COVID-19 vaccination drive.
- Pallonji Mistry – The chairman of Shapoorji Pallonji Group, a construction company, has a net worth of over $19 billion. His company is known for its iconic buildings in Mumbai and other cities.
- Uday Kotak – The founder and CEO of Kotak Mahindra Bank has a net worth of over $16 billion. His bank is one of the largest private sector banks in India.
- Radha Vembu – The co-founder of Zoho Corporation, a software development company, has a net worth of over $13 billion. The company is known for its cloud-based software products.
- Cyrus Pallonji Mistry – The former chairman of Tata Sons, the holding company of the Tata Group, has a net worth of over $11 billion. He was removed from his post in 2016 after a controversy.
- Sunil Mittal – The founder and chairman of Bharti Airtel, a leading telecom company, has a net worth of over $8 billion. His company is one of the largest telecom service providers in India.
These are just a few of the many successful entrepreneurs and business leaders in India who have made their mark on the global stage. With India’s economy continuing to grow, it’s likely that we’ll see even more billionaires and millionaires in the future.