One of the biggest reasons why people are leading an unhealthy lifestyle is due to an inappropriate sleeping schedule. Not getting enough amounts of sleep leads to sleep deprivation. Sleep deprivation causes potential problems like high blood pressure, diabetes, heart failure, or stroke. Improper sleep also affects the appearance of premature wrinkles and dark circles. Other unhealthy behaviors are smoking, drinking, obesity, physical inactivity, improper diet, etc.
Nowadays, during this pandemic people are not following a healthy diet. Staying inside the home has made them physically weak. We need to understand the benefits of staying healthy and following a proper diet.
Here’s what you should do to stay healthy-
1. Sleep for complete eight hours a day. It reduces the chances of getting serious health problems. It also lowers stress and improves mood.
2. Maintain a balanced diet. It is very important to have sufficient calories, minerals, nutrients, vitamins, proteins in our daily meals. Proper eating helps in maintaining healthy body weight, improves brain function, and provides energy.
3. Control smoking habits. To stay healthy a person should stop smoking. Smoking causes many health-related problems and cancer. Most importantly it weakens the immune system.
4. Drink a lot of water. According to researches, it is said that a man should drink 3.7 liters of water while a woman should drink 2.7 liters of water.
5. Reduce alcohol consumption. Alcohol addiction harms the whole body. It causes behavioral and mood changes. Drinking beyond the limit is harmful.
6.Exercise daily. To keep the body physically active it is recommended to exercise 30 minutes a day. Exercise improves health conditions and diseases. It also increases stamina.
A healthy lifestyle helps to improve health and well-being. Everyone should focus on improving their healthy lifestyle. There are many governmental and non-governmental organization that promotes a healthy lifestyle and their names are Simple Foundation, HelpAge India, Lepra Society, Rural Health Care Foundation.
Try maintaining a healthy lifestyle to live a life without health issues. Include these things (above mentioned) in your day-to-day life. A HEALTHY MIND AND A HEALTHY BODY LEAD TO A HEALTHY LIFE.