Elon Musk is one of the most well-known entrepreneurs in the world. He is the founder and CEO of Tesla, Inc., an American electric vehicle and clean energy company. Musk is also the chairman and largest shareholder of the company. While many people assume that Musk owns 100% of Tesla, this is not the case.

Musk owns approximately 20% of Tesla’s outstanding shares. This includes the shares he owns directly, as well as the options he holds to buy other shares. This gives him control over the company, but it does not mean that he owns 100% of it.

In addition to his direct ownership of Tesla shares, Musk also holds options to purchase more shares. These options are set to expire on August 10, 2022. If he exercises these options, he will increase his ownership stake in the company. However, even if he exercises all of his options, he will still not own 100% of Tesla.

The remaining 80% of Tesla’s outstanding shares are owned by other investors. These include institutional investors, such as mutual funds and hedge funds, as well as individual investors.

Overall, Elon Musk does not own 100% of Tesla. While he is the largest shareholder and has control over the company, he owns approximately 20% of the company’s outstanding shares. The remaining 80% are owned by other investors. Musk does, however, hold options to purchase more shares, which could increase his ownership stake in the company.

Influencer Magazine UK