The fifth generation of mobile network, abbreviated as 5G is the latest global wireless standard after GSM, 2G, 3G and 4G. It enables a network to connect everyone and everything virtually. 5G provides the user more data rate speed(The data speed at peak is upto 20 Gigabytes per second, while at average the data rate is 100 Mbps)
With high speed data rates, 5G also delivers its users, low latency, more reliabilty and network capacity.
The 5G mobile phone arena is a lot larger than what it was two years back. With loads of choices in the 5G mobile market, it can be very difficult to choose a new phone. A list of 5G phones is compiled below from where one can choose according to what specs one might need.
- OPPO A3s 5G: One of the cheapest 5G phones in the market, A3s 5G runs on MediaTek’s Dimensity processor 700. This 6.5 inch model with LCD resolution and RAM expansion technology launched on the 2nd of May.
- Realme Narzo 30 Pro: Another pocket friendly 5G model with Dimensity 800U processor, Realme Narzo 30 Pro delivers dart charging to charge your phone in just one hour.
- Xiaomi Poco M3 Pro 5G: Yet another phone focused on offering 5G on a budget. With 700 Dimensity processor and an option of 4GB/6GB RAM. Its almost identical to the Redmi Note 10 5G, with the only difference between their rear panel.
- Redmi Note 10 5G: An exciting model launched on May 26, priced in the Rs. 20k range has the 5G enabled Dimensity 700 processor with a hybrid slot. Even though there are no stereo speakers, it has an IR blaster, NFC and a 3.5 mm jack.
- Mi 10i 5G: Released in January 2021, this phone with a punch hole display and Mi’s revamped premium finish, it has a 750G Snapdragon processor. In the range of Rs.30-40k, this phone also has a 108 MP primary camera.
- OnePlus Nord: The new series of OnePlus, the Nord is a hyped model. It is cost effective, with Snapdragon 765G and supports HDR10+ display. The Nord is able to shoot selfies in 4K and 60 fps (frames per second).
- Vivo IQOO7: Also known as the IQOO Neo5, it is powered by Snapdragon 888. No 3.5 mm audio jack, but it has loud stereo speakers. The camera assembly is also very much versatile. It comes with a 66W charger (120W charger is available in China only)
- Realme X7: Realme started as an underdog in the smartphone market, but has made a name for its own. X7 is perfect for gaming, with Dimensity 800U with a 7nm octa core CPU. With 50W superdart charger and 64MP AI triple camera, X7 is touted to be fan favourite.
- OPPO Reno 5 Pro 5G: This model comes with plastic frame. It comes with a MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ SoC. Also supports wireless connectivity such as WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1. It also comes with quad camera and a 32 MP selfie shooter.
- iPhone 12: The lowest price is at Rs. 70k, the iPhone has a crisp HDR OLED display. Made of aluminium with a ceramic shield material coating at the front. With excellent camera quality and Dolby vision HDR recording, it also has A14 bionic chip, the fastest smartphone chip.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G: Powered by Exynos 2100 SoC, this Rs. 75k model comes with 6.2 inch display. One doesn’t get a charger or a pair of headphones, only a USB Type C connecter. It comes in both 128/256 GB and one tends to go for the higher, because storage is non expandable. An excellent feature is the ultrasonic finger print scanner well positioned under the display.
These are some of the hottest 5G models in the market!!